Friday, March 11, 2011

Just "Plane" Cute

For this layout, the background paper is by American Crafts and came from Hobby Lobby.  I used B is for Boy for the airplane, Jubilee for the banner, and Batman for the font.  I then hand cut a mat for the picture and added faux stitching around everything with my white pen.  I outlined my font in black so it would stand out more.  (I used the technique of negative space for the font as well instead of messing with all of the little letters)  Finally, I used a small piece of crotchet thread to attach the plane to the banner.

Even if you don't have any boys around, the B is for Boy cart still has really cute images and you can make them girly by the colors you use. :)
I am entering this layout into the following challenges:
K Andrews Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky - theme of sugar and spice - You can find her blog here: http://www.gettingcricky.com/
Scrappy Moms Terrific Tuesday Challenge - use B is for boy or Sugar and Spice Cart - You can find their blog here: http://www.scrappymoms-stamps.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Scrappy Mel said...

So cute! What a great layout! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

Rose said...

This is so adorable!!!Thanks so much for sharing your LO.I don't have that cartridge but I do have Heritage cartridge for the plane.I just became a great Aunt in Dec & I have enjoy all of your LO Thanks!!!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So sweet! Great paper and the perfect picture!