Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Shadow Box of my Grandfather from the Army

I picked up this 13x13 shadow box frame from Michaels that was on sale for $4.97 a few weeks ago and I finally figured out what I wanted to use it for.  Not that long ago, my mom gave me a medal and some pins from my grandfather who has passed away, from when he was in the Army.  (If you remember, I made a few projects with his stamps from the Army, so she thought I may want to use these as well)  I put a beige sheet down for the base and then I had a shaped piece of flag paper that I placed over it.  I outlined it with black.  Then, I printed a picture out of my grandfather from the Army and put it on a white piece of paper and outlined them with black as well.  I used the Stand and Salute Cartridge to cut the My Hero for the bottom and then added his medal and two pins.  I then added three star brads to the corner of the photo.  I really like how this turned out.  I may give this to my grandmother as a gift.




I am entering this into two challenges:
My Sheri Crafts - challenge is All About Boys - You can find the blog here: http://myshericrafts.blogspot.com/
Frosted Designs - challenge is to use metal on your project - You can find the blog here: http://www.frosteddesigns.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

My Sheri CRAFTS said...

This is so sweet! This will sure be a cherished item for years to come! Thanks for sharing with us this week!

Valerie said...

Gorgeous shadow box!! This would make a wonderful gift.

Stacy said...

Jean,
This is so pretty, and what a great way to preserve memories.
I love it
Hugs
Stacy

Angi Barrs said...

Love this. What a great way to show honor to a Vet. of our Armed Forces!

Audrey Frelx said...

Jean, this is wonderful! What a great project to honor your grandfather, and you did such an outstanding job on it!!!

Barb Craft said...

What a great keepsake you have created! This is beautiful! Thanks for taking on our metal challenge at frosted designs this week!
barb :)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is wonderful!

Crystal said...

I love it. Touched my heart, what a fantastic way to display his awards and to cherish your Grandfather! Thanks for playing at Frosted Designs!