Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Easter Egg People and Happy Birthday to Me! :)

Today is my 29th birthday!  So, I will be celebrating today and hopefully getting some crafty gifts. :)  I know that I am getting a sewing machine from my hubby, because I picked it out, so maybe I will have some sewing projects to share soon.  Of course, I don't know the first thing about sewing, so it is going to be a learning experience.

On to the project I have to share with you today.  As most of you have seen, I love to use the packages of sixlets candy to add arms and legs to Cricut Cuts.  Well, I wanted to make some egg shaped ones for Easter and then I thought I could use actual eggs and make them.  I think they turned out so cute and they are super easy to make.

I found some eggs that open sideways at Walmart.  They also say Happy Easter on the back of them, so that was nice.  You will need the eggs, sixlets candies, google eyes, a paint pen, and hot glue.

I used a small dot of glue on each pack of candy to attach them to the inside of the eggs to make the arms and legs.

Then, I used the paint pen to add a mouth and hot glued the google eyes to the front to finish them off. These would be really fun to make with kids.

14 comments:

Creative Diva said...

These are just darling! Too cute! Happy Happy Birthday!

Hugs,
Patty
creativediva98.blogspot.com
creativediva98@gmail.com

Kel said...

Happy Happy birthday!! I hope you enjoy your day and you get your sewing machine! These eggs are great.. fantastic creativity there!!

Rhonda Emery said...

so cute love these. wishing you a very happy birthday today. I have your owl mini posted. will mail it to you thursday. hugs

Stacy said...

Jean,
These are so so cute. Hope you have a great birthday sweetie! I can't wait to see you what you do with a sewing machine
Birthday hugs
Stacy

Jen said...

Happy Birtday, Jean! Hope you have a very special day!

Those eggs are way too cute!

~ Jen

LadybugCarrie said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day! :-)

Angi Barrs said...

Super cute and colorful. :)

Flamenco92627/ Julieta said...

Jean those are so cute! Thanks for the idea. Hope you have a very happy, crafty birthday girlie!! Wishing you a wonderful year to come.

Besthobbyeva said...

Happy, happy Birthday!! To be 29 again!!! Enjoy your sewing machine, I can't wait to see what projects you come up with!! Cute little eggs!!

Laurie

Valerie said...

Love those eggs, and happy birthday!!

Kate said...

These are so cute! I wish I could find candies like that. I like the way you use them for arms and legs.
Happy birthday, Jean!! I hope you're having a fantastic day!!

Aim said...

These are adorable!! :)

I'm a day late, but hope your birthday was happy, happy, happy !! And who doesn't want a few extra wishes throughout the week anyway?? :)

Saw your mini over at Rhonda's... SO CUTE!! Can't wait to see it when you fill it up!! :)

Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

Donya/Okscrappinmama said...

A belated birthday wish to you, hope it was nice ! Love this project. You make me feel guilty for having a sewing machine for 2 months and not using it yet LOL.

Donya/okscrappinmama

donnaj edwards said...

I got here much interesting stuff. The post is great! Thanks for sharing it! Candy Cane Pens